Phone drops into the pool, camera left in taxi, laptop dies. Goodbye photos and memories.
There’s a spectacular sunrise going on, a perfect photo opp and up comes the message ‘not enough space’ on your phone. By the time photos are deleted to free up space the moment is over. Disappointment hits.
We all love photos, we love capturing special memories and we love sharing them on social media, especially on our travels.
That moment you realise photos are lost forever is heartbreaking.
I’m still getting over the loss of years of photos when a laptop died. And I will confess to having photos stored all over the place. On my laptop, various USBs, phone and a couple of online storage accounts.
Some of my pics are ‘saved’ in my FB library. Can you believe I think that’s a good idea?
Realising the mess was growing every day I finally sought a solution. I signed up for the WFA Google Photos Learning Program
This is what I learnt….
- How to set up my account with the settings that work for me (I need high quality uploads and prefer to only back up my photos when I have decent wifi access)
- How to sync all of my devices to ONE account.
- The different options for sharing photos and albums including friends who don’t have a Google account. I’m no longer in fear of friends accidentally deleting photos!
- How to free up space on my phone.
- How to restore photos I’ve accidentally deleted!
- Best practice tips for managing photos on a daily basis.
- Its so much easier to set up systems when a pro is guiding you step by step.
- It’s not so hard to stay on top of it once you have the right systems in place. (note to self.. no skipping steps, this is spending time to save time)
The course is a series of simple step by step video tutorials set up on FB. I can jump in and out whenever it suits, post questions and join a video chat Q & A. I have access for 30 days. Best of all everything is explained in non-tech talk.
What I love is what I call the ‘tiny tips’, those tips that explain the simplest tiniest details that make a huge difference (I’ve always wondered what those 3 dots in the top corner were for!)
I’m working my way through my photo filing chaos, gradually getting them uploaded, sorted into albums. It will take a while.
Peace of mind is so close…. and it only cost me $AUD89. I can’t put a value on my photos and memories. Avoid the pain, sort your photo storage and systems out before your next holiday.
*I don’t have any financial affiliation with this course. I’m simply giving a shout out to a good product that I think you may love too.
Need a hotel on your travels? I use Agoda.com.