When is it?
Friday 12 June (5.30am start) – Sunday 14 June (5.30pm finish) 2020
Saturday 27 June (5.30am start) – Monday 29 June (5.30pm finish) 2020
#TRAVEL TIP This is the ideal Mini Retreat to add on to a Sharing Timor-Leste trip. We’ve worked the dates so you can do both retreats making the most of your flights to and from Darwin.
Where is it?
Kakadu National Park. Top End. Australia.
What do we do every day?
It’s a full 3 days of exploring, adventures, fun, fitness, friendship, travel and time to relax. Here’s a few highlights:
The towering sandstone and pockets of monsoonal rainforest as we walk the Bardedjilidji Track take us back in time as we pass formations that were islands in the sea during prehistoric times.
Feel the connection of ancient indigenous culture as we walk through the world’s largest rock art gallery. The adventure continues when we head up to a stunning lookout over the Nadab floodplain and gaze out over the floodplains, woodlands and dark ribbons of rainforest.
Take in the wonderful pristine wilderness of this World Heritage landscape as we leisurely cruise up stream and set foot in Arnhem Land. Gain an insiders experience into Aboriginal culture and local mythology as we learn about traditional living from our local guide.
A local walking trail alongside a crystal clear creek takes us into stone country in the southern region of Kakadu. The natural rock pools, waterfalls, and vistas are breathtaking.
Jo sets her daily Sharp Moves Fusion Workouts in places with stunning outdoor backdrops that you can only dream about.
Scrabble over boulders through to the outback plunge pool of Jim Jim Falls to a pristine secluded sand beach for a fusion workout & mindfulness practice. A naturally formed sandstone platform gorge at a plunge pool becomes the ‘yoga studio’.
Each session combines different fitness elements to help you connect with your mind, body and soul.
How fit do I need to be?
You don’t need to be the fittest or the fastest, but you do need to be active, free of injuries that reduce your mobility, and at a minimum, have the ability to walk a hilly 5km track unassisted.
You can choose to do as much or as little as you like during the retreat.
Where do we stay?
If you’ve dreamed of going “under the stars” more than “5 star” this is for you. With warm nights, refreshing breezes and little chance of rain, camping is a fantastic way to see the Top End during dry season.
We stay in a Kakadu National Park campsite that has shared bathrooms with functioning toilets and hot showers. All linen, bedding, sleeping bags and camping equipment is provided and set up for you.
How do I get there?
Get yourself to Darwin and we’ll take care of the rest. The retreat starts and finishes with group pick ups and drop offs in the central Darwin area. You need to be ready by 5.30am on day 1 and expect to be dropped back to your hotel at 5.30pm on the last day.
What about the food?
Look forward to wholesome Aussie food, BBQs and salads. Local outback delights such as barramundi, kangaroo and crocodile along with other treats may appear on the menu. Ideal nourishment to fuel our outdoor adventures.
Any WiFi? How do I stay in touch with family?
There’s free wifi at the campsite only, so be prepared to plug into your own data via your service provider for other locations, however we do like to recommend you take a break from constant connectivity. Let’s keep the dining table free of Facebook, Instagram, work emails etc. Enjoy your food, enjoy the company around the table.
What’s included/not included
3 days/ 2 nights Kakadu Reconnect Fitness Retreat
Twin share tent accommodation in Kakadu National Park
Pick up and drop off to and from hotel in Darwin city
Daily fitness sessions
All camping equipment including tents, sleeping bags, sheets, towels, bedding.
All meals including snacks and water. (except for breakfast on day one and dinner day 3)
All camp fees, park entry
Experienced and knowledgeable guides
Air conditioned vehicles
All programmed activities including:
Ubirr Rock trek with visit to Aboriginal Rock Art
Gulvyambi Cultural Cruise including cultural insights into Arnhemland
Walk and swim at Jim Jim Falls
Walk to Twin Falls
Waterfall & plunge pool experience at Maguk
*Stay flexible, we may add extra or change activities and adventures to suit the needs and wants of the group. All activities are dependent on nature, weather, cultural and public events. We will be travelling throughout Kakadu National Park and as such cannot guarantee exclusive use of any area or activity.
**All activities are based on group participation
Any private tours, extra or private transport
Extra food, drinks, alcohol, laundry, tips
How much is it?
It’s $AUD1350pp (twin share)
Places are strictly limited.
We ask for a non-refundable deposit of $AUD600pp to secure your place. The final payment must be paid 60 days prior to departure.
Payment is via direct bank transfer only.
What are the terms and conditions? What if I need to cancel?
Prior to booking you need to fill in a pre-trip medical/fitness questionnaire and agree to the Sharp Moves Terms & Conditions as follows:
***It is your responsibility to read and understand our cancellation policy before making a reservation**
- No one books with the intention of cancelling but things do happen, so please take out travel insurance as soon as you have made booking for flights & retreat. Please understand that we can’t take out insurance against you cancelling on us, so we expect you to do the right thing and cover yourself. We will be incurring expenses and spending time on your behalf once you pay your deposit, so please don’t ask for a refund, it creates heartache.
- Travel insurance is mandatory for all of our guests.
- Please confirm any special dietary needs before booking. Please note for reasons of safety we cannot take guests who have a fatal allergy to any food/food groups.
- A non-refundable deposit of $600pp is required within 7 days of bookings being made. Full payment is required at least 60 days before commencement of retreat.
- All funds are non refundable if a guest chooses to cancel within 60 days of arrival date. Payments (aside from your deposit) are 50% refundable before the 60 day cut off point.
- Refunds/credits will not be given after journey commencement, even if services, activities or meals are unused or cancelled for any reason.
- Medical questionnaire/waiver to be submitted on booking.
- We are not liable for personal injury, death, damage to property or other personal loss whether arising from accident, cancellations, delays or any other matter beyond our control. Participants should insure against all such possibilities. All participants participate at their own risk.
- We reserve the right to refuse to take clients on any of our treks/activities if we consider that their health/injuries are likely to present a risk to themselves and others in the group. Please respect our experience and acknowledge that your health and happiness is our priority.
- While we do not foresee we would ever cancel a retreat if Sharp Moves must cancel a retreat for any reason we will refund your full payment. Sharp Moves is not responsible for any expenses incurred.
I’m excited! How do I book?
Simply email Jo Sharp of Sharp Moves Fitness for all the details you need to join the retreat.