When is it?
February 2021 (dates to be announced… but you can express your interest now!)
Where is it?
We spend 6 fabulous days nestled amongst the stunning mountain gateway to the Southern Alps of Aotearoa.
What do we do every day?
No day is the same….. Imagine a morning walk through rain forest, pristine rivers, waterfalls and tumbling glacial icefalls to alpine herb fields. We stop and enjoy our picnic lunch & might even find a workout area with one of the world’s most breathtaking views.
Get in love with life as we jump in our kayaks and take a leisurely paddle through crystal clear waters encircled by snow capped mountains. Dropping into a small islands allows us to find mindfulness, the perfect spot for lunch & maybe even lake side yoga.
Breathe in the wild mountain air and take in the amazing alp vistas on a short hikes and wilderness treks. There’s something about the magical energy of the Alps of New Zealand that will inspire you.
Experience the thrills of our fast boating adventure through flowing glaciers within pristine waters, stopping in deep calm pools to breathe in the magic of the landscape and learn stories of the ancient lands. *If conditions are suitable we may have the ultimate experience of walking beneath avalanche glaciers.
Love & appreciate your body for all the incredible things it is capable of by feeling recharged with our daily non dynamic fitness sessions.
Sampling renowned local wines at a family run vineyard is the perfect spot to chill out with your travel tribe. Share laughs, fun, adventures and create long time memories.
How fit do I need to be?
You don’t need to be the fittest or the fastest, but you do need to be active, free of injuries that reduce your mobility, and at a minimum, have the ability to walk a hilly 5km track unassisted.
You can choose to do as much or as little as you like during the retreat.
Where do we stay?
We’ll be glamping it up in unique yurt huts set in an amazing backdrop. Feel close to nature without having to rough it and sacrifice luxury. Your yurt is fully powered, with queen sized beds, full linen, towels, heating/cooling and hair dryers. Bathrooms are shared with modern amenities.
Our private yurts encircle the rammed earth eco lodge where we meet up for fitness sessions, meals and to come together with your travel tribe. The great news is we have exclusive use of our New Zealand oasis, it will be all ours, no other guests to worry about.
This Is Simple Luxury, your chance to meet wonderful people, experience the wonder of nature, learn so much and have time for YOU.
How do I get there?
Get yourself to Queenstown International Airport. We arrange group transfers to/from the airport and our retreat base.
What about the food?
We’ll be nourished by loads of yummy local fresh produce. It’s not a detox retreat, but we do aim to eat as clean and healthy as possible, with a few treats thrown in. Simple healthy breakfasts will kick start our day, lunches are picnic feasts in various breathtaking scenic locations and dinner will be shared back at our eco lodge.
Any WiFi? How do I stay in touch with family?
There is wifi at our accommodation, however we do like to recommend you take a break from constant connectivity. Let’s keep the dining table free of Facebook, Instagram, work emails etc. Enjoy your food, enjoy the company around the table.
What’s included/not included
5 nights/6 day New Zealand Love Life Fitness Retreat
Twin share accommodation in glamping yurt huts
Group transfers to/from accommodation from Queenstown International Airport
Daily fitness session including pilates, yoga, fitness workouts, meditation, stretch session
All programmed activities including:
*Morning hike through Southern Alps
*Private group kayak experience throughout glacier fed lake,
*Hill top scenic lookout walk
*Wine tasting at vineyard
*Jet boat adventure
Use of retreat push bikes.
*Stay flexible we may add extra or change activities and adventures to suit the needs and wants of the group. All activities *subject to weather/ocean conditions
**All activities are based on group participation
Travel insurance (compulsory)
Visas (if required)
Any private tours, extra or private transport
Extra food, drinks, alcohol, laundry, tips.
How much is it? How do I pay?
It’s $AUD2500pp (twin share) or $AUD2900pp (single)
We ask for a non-refundable deposit of $AUD600pp to secure your place. The final payment must be paid 60 days prior to departure.
Payment is via direct bank transfer only.
What are the terms and conditions? What if I need to cancel?
Prior to booking you need to fill in a pre-trip medical/fitness questionnaire and agree to the Sharp Moves Terms & Conditions as follows:
***It is your responsibility to read and understand our cancellation policy before making a reservation**
- No one books with the intention of cancelling but things do happen, so please take out travel insurance as soon as you have made booking for flights & retreat. Please understand that we can’t take out insurance against you cancelling on us, so we expect you to do the right thing and cover yourself. We will be incurring expenses and spending time on your behalf once you pay your deposit, so please don’t ask for a refund, it creates heartache.
- Travel insurance is mandatory for all of our guests.
- Please confirm any special dietary needs before booking. Please note for reasons of safety we cannot take guests who have a fatal allergy to any food/food groups.
- A non-refundable deposit of $600pp is required within 7 days of bookings being made. Full payment is required at least 60 days before commencement of retreat.
- All funds are non refundable if a guest chooses to cancel within 60 days of arrival date. Payments (aside from your deposit) are 50% refundable before the 60 day cut off point.
- Refunds/credits will not be given after journey commencement, even if services, activities or meals are unused or cancelled for any reason.
- Medical questionnaire/waiver to be submitted on booking.
- We are not liable for personal injury, death, damage to property or other personal loss whether arising from accident, cancellations, delays or any other matter beyond our control. Participants should insure against all such possibilities. All participants participate at their own risk.
- We reserve the right to refuse to take clients on any of our treks/activities if we consider that their health/injuries are likely to present a risk to themselves and others in the group. Please respect our experience and acknowledge that your health and happiness is our priority.
- While we do not foresee we would ever cancel a retreat if Sharp Moves must cancel a retreat for any reason we will refund your full payment. Sharp Moves is not responsible for any expenses incurred.
I’m excited! How do I book?
Simply email Jo Sharp for all the details you need to join the retreat.