When is it?
5 -12 October 2019. We’re taking expressions of interest for May 2020.
Where is it?
Our retreat base is located in the ancient ” Cultural Triangle” of Sri Lanka where Sinhalese kings commanded their people, fought wars, built rock fortresses, ruins and relics are still in abundance.
What do we do every day?
Imagine an early morning trek climbing the natural phenomenon of Sigirya Rock, a fortress which many considered to be the “eighth wonder of the world”, with its ancient markings, elaborate carvings and breath taking views.
Indulge your mind, body & soul with sublime Ayurvedic treatments that have been practiced in Sri Lanka for over 3000 years. Any stress simply melts away.
Be awe inspired as you witness majestic wild tuskers and their calves bathe, drink and hang out. We’ve timed our retreat to experience “The Gathering”, the time when hundreds of elephants descend onto the reservoir at the end of the dry season.
Soak up the spiritual presence of Dambulla Cave Temple with its 157 statues of Buddha which date back to the 1st century .
Feel your senses awaken as you stroll through spice gardens and tea plantations.
Experience Buddhist life at one of the most sacred Buddhist sites in the world. The temple holds the tooth relic of Buddha and is an important pilgrim for Buddhists to improve karma
Get your fitness and wellness on track by nourishing your body with fusion workout sessions. Take home strategies and tools to maintain your fitness journey.
Is there time to do stuff by myself or add in extra activities?
Yes. There’s time for you to chill out beside the hill top pool, relax with a good book with the sound of the jungle in the background or hit the nearby shops for a taste of local life.
How fit do I need to be?
You don’t need to be the fittest or the fastest, but you do need to be active, free of injuries that reduce your mobility. The daily fitness sessions are non-dynamic, a fusion of fitness elements encouraging your body to become more aligned, creating an inner and outer strength and lightness.
Where do we stay?
We’ll be staying at a boutique hotel within a serene 50 acre organic farm. The farm has over 2500 coconut palms, 500 banana palms plus several hundred mango and papaya trees, providing wonderful vistas as they disappear off towards the distant hills. Feel the tranquility of being surrounded by the wooded hills, paddy fields, fragrant spices and herbs.
The rooms showcase the best of Sri Lankan craftsmanship with air conditioning, fans, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer, spa robes, luxe pure white Egyptian cotton bed linen, towels. It’s an easy walk, or a short tuk tuk ride, to take in sights such as a local temple. The Chief Monk will explain the principles of Buddhist practice and philosophy and give you his traditional blessing.
How do I get there?
We pick you up as part of a group transfer on Day 1 from a hotel in central Negombo. (Details TBA). On the final day there is a group from our hotel to Negombo Airport.
What about the food?
We’ll be nourishing our bodies with mouth-watering farm fresh local and international cuisine that will awaken your senses. Our resident chef will offer you a fine dining experience in our idyllic location.
The organic farm is right at our doorstep so why not pick your own bananas, mangoes, limes and papaya for your fresh breakfast juice. We utilize the fresh produce which surrounds us, even our farm cows provide our milk.
Any WiFi? How do I stay in touch with family?
There is free WiFi at the hotel, but we do like to encourage a break from constant connectivity. Let’s keep the dining table free of Facebook, Instagram, work emails etc. Enjoy your food, enjoy the company around the table. This is your chance to enjoy every moment in real time.
What’s included/not included?
7 night/8 day Sri Lanka Fitness & Discovery Retreat
Twin share accommodation in boutique hotel within an organic farm
Group transfer to hotel from a central Negombo Hotel (TBA), group transfer from our hotel to Negombo Airport
Daily Fitness sessions including pilates, yoga, fitness workouts, meditation, stretch session, Treks
Juice & fruit Breakfast, Brunch, 4 course dinner, water, coffee & teas
1.5 hour Ayurvedic Spa Treatment
Wellness & Fitness coaching
3 tours in and around the “Cultural Triangle” including entrance fees
Use of hilltop swimming pool
Time to relax & have some YOU time
*Stay flexible we may add extra or change activities and adventures to suit the needs and wants of the group. All activities are dependent on nature & cultural events.
**all activities are based on group participation
Travel insurance (compulsory)
Visas (compulsory for entry)
Lunch, any extra meals, alcohol, extra drinks & nibbles, laundry, tips
Any private tours, extra or private transport, spa treatments or activities
How much is it? How do I pay?
It’s $AUD2000pp. (twin share) or $AUD2500pp. (single)
We ask for a non-refundable deposit of $AUD600pp to secure your place. The final payment must be paid 60 days prior to departure.
Payment is via direct bank transfer only.
What are the terms and conditions? What if I need to cancel?
Prior to booking you need to fill in a pre-trip medical/fitness questionnaire and agree to the Sharp Moves Terms & Conditions as follows:
***It is your responsibility to read and understand our cancellation policy before making a reservation**
- No one books with the intention of cancelling but things do happen, so please take out travel insurance as soon as you have made booking for flights & retreat. Please understand that we can’t take out insurance against you cancelling on us, so we expect you to do the right thing and cover yourself. We will be incurring expenses and spending time on your behalf once you pay your deposit, so please don’t ask for a refund, it creates heartache.
- Travel insurance is mandatory for all of our guests.
- Please confirm any special dietary needs before booking. Please note for reasons of safety we cannot take guests who have a fatal allergy to any food/food groups.
- A non-refundable deposit of $600pp is required within 7 days of bookings being made. Full payment is required at least 60 days before commencement of retreat.
- All funds are non refundable if a guest chooses to cancel within 60 days of arrival date. Payments (aside from your deposit) are 50% refundable before the 60 day cut off point.
- Refunds/credits will not be given after journey commencement, even if services, activities or meals are unused or cancelled for any reason.
- Medical questionnaire/waiver to be submitted on booking.
- We are not liable for personal injury, death, damage to property or other personal loss whether arising from accident, cancellations, delays or any other matter beyond our control. Participants should insure against all such possibilities. All participants participate at their own risk.
- We reserve the right to refuse to take clients on any of our treks/activities if we consider that their health/injuries are likely to present a risk to themselves and others in the group. Please respect our experience and acknowledge that your health and happiness is our priority.
- While we do not foresee we would ever cancel a retreat if Sharp Moves must cancel a retreat for any reason we will refund your full payment. Sharp Moves is not responsible for any expenses incurred.
Check that someone can look after the family, the dog, cover you at work, water the garden or whatever else you need to be able to enjoy a guilt free experience of a lifetime.
Book once you are excited, committed and ready to pay!